Snails produce a secretion called snail mucin or snail filtrate that has significant advantages in skincare. Snail mucin goes by other terms, such as snail secretion and snail filtrate. You might even loosely refer to it as snail serum. Learn about the potential benefits of snail secretion skincare to determine if it’s right for you.
Is Snail Secretion Good for Your Skin?
Snail secretion filtrate provides hydration benefits to the skin.
Snail filtrate contains elements that provide a boost to human skin. Snail secretion has been used for millennia to treat wounds, burns and other skin issues. It can also help reduce skin inflammation and help promote healthy-looking skin as we age.
Do All Snail Secretions Provide Equal Benefits to the Skin?
No. Different types of snail mucin produce different results. Not all snail secretion products have the same benefits. Skincare with snail secretion from the common garden snail Helix aspersa may include hyaluronic acid, but only SCA Biorepair Technology derived from the C. aspersa contains the additional benefits of growth factors.
Growth factors are proteins naturally found in the skin and a type of power-house skincare ingredient that helps to optimize skin’s health. SCA (for the secretion of the Cryptomphalus aspersa snail) contains growth factors that when purified and used in Tensage Growth Factor skincare, provide benefits that help prevent and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, diminish uneven skintone and increase skin’s luminosity.
The Origins of SCA Biorepair Technology
The C. aspersa snail species has evolved over more than 500 million years. This unique snail survived by creating a strong defense system to protect itself against harsh elements including radiation, heat and cold. That same secretion was scientifically studied and shown to provide healing benefits to human skin. This powerful discovery led to harnessing the power of SCA for dermatological benefits and the creation of SCA Biorepair Technology.
The key components in SCA Biorepair Technology snail secretion that help restore and repair human skin include:
- Growth factors. We produce fewer growth factors naturally as we age. You can supplement growth factors through your skincare to help:
- Reduce visual signs of photoaging
- Improve skin texture
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Antioxidants. Like antioxidants in food, antioxidants in skincare help neutralize damaging free radicals and protect your skin against environmental threats like sun exposure and pollution.
- Hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid hydrates skin and helps optimize its moisture balance.
Snail Secretion Formulations
The snail secretion is obtained through a non-harmful, patented process, refined and purified to create SCA Biorepair Technology used in Biopelle Tensage Growth Factor skincare. This skincare assortment includes products that help repair and protect skin, including:
How To Use Snail Secretion Skincare
You can use snail secretion skincare from Biopelle in the same way you use similar skincare products. You can seamlessly incorporate them into your current skincare routine.
Adding Snail Secretion Filtrate Skincare to Your Daily Regimen
Your daily skincare routine with snail secretion filtrate skincare might look like the following.
- Cleanse face. Biopelle Tensage Gentle Gel Cleanser is a gentle daily cleanser for all skin types. It removes skin impurities and excess oils. Use it day and night and any other time you want to help promote soft, clean skin.
- Apply a daily serum. Biopelle Tensage Daily Serum is a daily-use serum with Vitamin C that helps protect skin from free radicals. You can use Tensage Daily Serum in your day and night skincare routines. Give your serum time to absorb the skin before applying moisturizer. Tensage Daily Serum also helps to:
- Increase skin’s elasticity
- Improve skin’s tone
- Promote skin luminosity and smooth texture
- Smooth on a moisturizer. Biopelle Tensage Soothing Cream Moisturizer or Tensage Advanced Cream Moisturizer. Both hydrate the skin to help combat dryness and dehydration.
- Tap on eye cream. Biopelle Tensage Radiance Eye Cream. This eye cream helps firm, tighten and illuminate the appearance of the eye area.
Intensive Serums To Level-Up Your Skin’s Care
For powerful, intensive serum options, try Tensage Intensive Serum 40 and Tensage Intensive Serum 50. These dermatologist-recommended serums are suitable for post-procedure care and to address your unique skincare needs for fast and dramatic skin improvements.
Bundle Biopelle Tensage Skincare and Save
Save money on Tensage products by purchasing snail secretion skincare products in a collection. Check out the Growth Factor & Stem Cell Advanced Anti-Aging System and Growth Factor Anti-Aging System to bundle and save.
The Tensage Snails
Our C. aspersa snails live in a protected sanctuary in the Mediterranean region of Spain. Nourished with a diet of carrots and lettuce, their life span is twice that of snails in the wild at eight years vs four years. No snails are harmed in the creation of Tensage products.
Shop Tensage Growth Factor products with SCA Biorepair Technology now.
Be sure to check out Biopelle’s best selling skincare products.