Biopelle Brighten uses a multitude of brightening agents that help to disrupt the production of melanin to help brighten, even skin tone, and minimize the look of hyperpigmentation. Biopelle Brighten products take a two-pronged approach to helping keep your skin luminous and youthful-looking. XCP serum is used in the morning to help prevent hyperpigmentation, while KNR serum is used at night as both prevention and to repair damage you may have already incurred.
What are some key ingredients that help even skintone?
- L-Ascorbic Acid is a highly active and stable form of vitamin C that helps brighten skin tone
- Phytic Acid is found in legumes and seeds and has brightening properties. Phytic acid helps inhibit the formation of melanin to prevent future damage and discoloration of your skin.
- Kojic Acid works by blocking tyrosine, which then helps prevent melanin production. Decreased melanin production helps to promote a more even skin tone.
- Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 and can help manage acne, rosacea, pigmentation issues, and wrinkles.
- Retinol or vitamin A helps reduce the appearance of dark spots by speeding up cellular turnover.
- Vitamin K Oxide helps promote healthy skin, which can lead to brighter, more youthful complexion.
Are Biopelle Brighten products hydroquinone-free?
Yes. Hydroquinone is a compound that is sometimes used in brightening products. While it may be effective, hydroquinone is known to have adverse complications. All Biopelle Brighten products are hydroquinone-free.
How to Brighten products work?
Biopelle Brighten products use a combination of ingredients to help interrupt melanin production at various phases of its cycle. This can both help repair and prevent hyperpigmentation and help promote a brighter, more even skin tone.
How do antioxidants help with hyperpigmentation?
Free radicals and frequent sun exposure can promote melanin production, leading to dark spots. Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals and prevent them from causing damage. Some antioxidants like vitamin C also inhibit tyrosinase, which is an enzyme that can stimulate melanin production.