Hyperpigmentation is the darkening of skin that can be a result of any number of factors including sun exposure, melasma or any number of other concerns. Hyperpigmentation occurs when your skin produces excess melanin, the pigment responsible for the color of your eyes and skin. Dark spots or discoloration can occur due to external factors like sun exposure over time or internal factors like inflammation or pregnancy hormones.
Some key ingredients found in Biopelle products to help even skin tone include:
- L-Ascorbic Acid is a highly active and stable form of vitamin C that helps brighten skin tone
- Phytic Acid is found in legumes and seeds and has brightening properties. Phytic acid helps inhibit the formation of melanin to prevent future damage and discoloration of your skin.
- Kojic Acid works by blocking tyrosine, which then helps prevent melanin production. Decreased melanin production helps to promote a more even skin tone.
- Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3 and can help manage acne, rosacea, pigmentation issues, and wrinkles.
- Retinol or vitamin A helps reduce the appearance of dark spots by speeding up cellular turnover.
- Vitamin K Oxide helps promote healthy skin, which can lead to brighter, more youthful complexion.
No. All Biopelle products, including those that work to correct the appearance of hyperpigmentation, are hydroquinone-free. Hydroquinone can negatively affect the skin, creating redness and irritation.